The Alice Award
Each year we pay tribute to a distinguished woman who has made an outstanding contribution in breaking barriers and setting new precedents for women. Named for Alice Paul - suffragist, human rights activist and founder of the National Woman's Party - the Alice Award is presented to a trailblazer each year at the Sewall-Belmont House & Museum's gala.
Past recipients include:
- 2011 - Senators Dianne Feinstein & Olympia J. Snowe
- 2010 - House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi
- 2009 - Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
- 2008 - Katie Couric
- 2007 - Senators Kay Bailey Hutchison & Mary Landrieu
- 2006 - Cokie Roberts, Susan Stamberg, Nina Totenberg & Linda Wertheimer
- 2005 - Tipper Gore
- 2004 - Billie Jean King
- 2003 - Evelyn H. Lauder
No upcoming events were found. Please have a look at some of our recent events.
On September 19, 2012, former First Lady Mrs. Laura Bush was presented with the Alice Award.Read More
- View All