- Due to the historic nature of the building, decorations may not be attached to walls, windows, ceilings, or floors. No confetti, rose petals, sparklers, bubbles, or glitter will be allowed. Failure to follow this guideline will result in your forfeiture of the security deposit. At no time will any sparklers or any items that have an open spark/flame be allowed in the House, tent and/or garden areas. This includes the sidewalks adjacent the House.
- Smoking is prohibited in the House and grounds, including the tented area and garden.
- Children must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times and are not permitted to enter the historic section of the House without adult supervision.
- No signage or artifacts will be removed for any event.
- No pets allowed inside the museum at any time.
- At no time will the Museum Assistants help with set-up, vendor check-in, clean-up, etc. They are stewards of the house and are present at events to ensure the protection of the Museum.
- SBHM has a list of preferred caterers. Any outside caterers used must sign a copy of the guidelines sheet to submit with their certificate of insurance and liquor liability insurance for approval one month prior.
- SBHM can provide plastic trashcans for the event space but all trash created by the event is the responsibility of the caterer and must be removed from the building at the end of the event.
- Ice must also be removed- no ice may be dumped in the garden, grassy areas or terrace drain.
- All vendor equipment and supplies must be removed at the end of the event.
- The renter is responsible for making arrangements for all food, beverage, and other event needs (i.e. linens and chairs, coat check, a/v requirements, etc). SBHM is not responsible for the set-up or removal of this rental equipment.
- Vendors can only begin set-up two hours prior to the event, and must finish clean-up one hour after the end of the vent, unless additional hours have been purchased. All vendors must use the staircase on 2nd Street, the lift is for wheelchair access only.
- No food or drink is allowed inside the historic house. A drop table must be provided for the bottom of the stairs leading into the museum.
- The bar must be closed and music must stop 15 minutes before the end of the contracted rental time.