Sewall-Belmont offers part time and full time employment
At the Sewall-Belmont House and Museum, headquarters of the historic National Woman’s Party, we celebrate the legacy of NWP founder, Alice Paul, and the NWP in the history of women’s progress toward equality. Through our guided museum tours, educational programs, exhibits and outreach services we honor this history by exploring the evolving role of women and their contributions to society.
The museum employs full-time, part-time and hourly professionals as well as offers volunteer opportunities. Employment opportunities are listed below. All applicants must complete and submit an employment application by downloading this PDF document or filing the online form.
There are currently no full-time positions available.
We are currently considering applications for part-time Museum Assistants, at $10 per hour. Museum assistants play an important role in the daily operation of the Museum including:
- Prepare the House for viewing and carry out all procedures for opening and closing per the established museum checklist.
- Welcome and direct visitors to the exhibition galleries.
- Conduct subject-specific gallery talks and full length group tours for visitors of all ages in a personable and knowledgeable manner and provide accurate information relevant to the major themes in the Sewall-Belmont House & Museum history.
- Articulate the Museum’s goals and programs, current restoration activities and future plans.
- Assist in providing security for the Museum and the collections. Ensure the safety of the visiting public and respond calmly and professionally to emergencies. Follow institutional procedures.
- Track the number of visitors who tour the Museum daily and gather additional information on how they heard about the museum.
- Provide feedback by soliciting written and/or verbal comments from visitors.
- Assist with museum shop operations and sales.
- Provide assistance to museum staff, including clerical work and data entry, as needed.
- Participate in training programs and other opportunities in order to expand knowledge of the Sewall-Belmont House & Museum and strengthen interpretive skills.
To apply for a position as a Museum Assistant, please send your resume, a cover letter, and a writing sample to Nora Hoffman-White. Thank you for your interest in Sewall-Belmont!